Friday, May 7, 2010

Birthday Luck??????????

Call it Birthday Luck???????

on 5th May, 2010 - the 5th Birthday of our beloved satellite - HAMSAT - VO52, we were lucky to have an overhead pass @ 2113 IST - 85 deg peak elevation. 

My VHF Moxon has become a inverted vee MOXON :( Birds sitting on the horizontal elements have bent the elements downwards when the fly off.  I have not been able to bring down the antenna and rectify it.  In this situation, the only hope of working the satellite was with rubberducky from the roof.  Luckily, it was a clear - non rainy - evening . 

Up on the terrace, (I am lucky to have a near - clear visibility allround) I gave it a shout - and I had a 59+ report QSO with VU2GUR and later on I got reports that I was going through 59 to VU2DPE and VU3STJ.

Thank you HAMSAT - for giving me a real memorable experience on your BIRTHDAY - goes to show no sophesticated setup is really required to work the BIRDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment